Tea Industry Crisis | ITA’s Appeal to Govt.
The Indian Tea Association (ITA) has appealed the Government of India in regard to the ongoing Tea industry crisis in the country.
The appeal of Indian Tea Association (ITA)
1. Viability of the Tea Sector critical for the security of employment of the million-plus workforce. Interventions for the revival of the Tea Sector an urgent necessity.
2. Tea Sector is incurring losses due to rising costs and stagnant prices
The Government is urged to consider an immediate takeover of Employers’ portion of contribution to Provident Fund for a period of at least 3 years.
- Ban expansion of tea areas to contain oversupply for 5 years.
- Provide substantial fund for generic promotion of tea in India.
- Fixing a Minimum Reserve Price for tea in auction-based on the cost of production.
The appeals of ITA have been published in regional and national newspapers on Friday as an advertisement.