Women dies of electrocution in Kampur

136

In an unfortunate incident, a women was electrocuted to death in Nagaon Kampur on Thursday.

The women has been identified as Savitarani Sarkar .

The women was electrocuted when she came in contact with a high voltage disconnected wire while she was sweeping the front yard of her house.

The locals alleged electricity department of not taking any steps after multiple complaints about the disconnected wire.

Enraged locals staged protest against the state electricity department.

12 people lost their lives in Assam in the past two months due to electrocution.

Few days back on October 20th, two separate electrocution incidents claimed  the lives of eight people in Juria after they came in contact with a snapped  Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) high voltage overhead power line .Similar incident occurred at Sulakuchui on October 15th.

You might also like