Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Friday said that there is no necessity for a CBI investigation into the actor Sushant Singh Rajput's death. On Thursday actor Rhea Chakraborty sought a CBI investigation into her boyfriend Sushant's death.
Deshmukh said that the Mumbai Police do not suspect any foul play in relation to Sushant's suicide so far. He said, "I have the tweets and the campaign. But I don't think that a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed."
Rhea in a tweet on Thursday said, "Respected @AmitShah sir, I'm Sushant Singh Rajput's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. It has been over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government. However, in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI inquiry into this matter. I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step. Yours sincerely #satyamevajayat."
Earlier in the day, Chakraborty requested the cyber crime cell to look into rape and murder threats she was receiving ever since Rajput's death, with social media users blaming her for his suicide. The actor, known for films such as Mere Dad Ki Maruti and Jalebi, eventually disabled the comments section of her Instagram page.
"I was called a gold digger. kept quiet I was called a murderer. I kept quiet, I was slut shamed, I kept quiet. "But how does my silence give you the right to tell me that you will get me raped and murdered if I don't commit suicide @mannu_raaut?" she wrote tagging one of the accounts from which she has received the threat.