A fake note printing racket was busted by Guwahati police at a house in Dispur’s Mathura Nagar area on Wednesday.
During the raid, two printers and one desktop computer suspected to be used in printing currency notes were seized. One Mizo lady, identified as Lucy, was arrested in connection to the case.
After further investigation, successive raids were conducted at the rented house of one Ajmal Haque in Fatasil Ambari, Guwahati where a number of objectionable items were recovered.
Below are the items recovered –
- Suspected fake currency notes amounting to Rs 1 lakh
- Nine fake currency notes
- One EPSON printer
- One Heat Sealer machine
- One Bright office paper cutter
- One ream black paper
- Reams of JK super white bond paper
- Polymer paper
- SIM cards, ATM Cards, various suspected identity cards
- Assam Police T shirt
- Media passes in the name of the accused.
As per sources, Haque, a resident of Guwahati is currently absconding. His wife has been taken into custody for interrogation.
Efforts are currently going on to nab all involved.