In a tragic incident, a wild elephant died due to electrocution in Assam’s Gossaigaon on Wednesday morning.
According to sources, the jumbo died after coming in contact with a live wire that was exposed from its pole.
The incident was reported from Peripur area.
Following the incident, forest officials reached the spot and conducted post mortem.
Recently, a carcass of a wild elephant was recovered from a river at Numaligarh in Assam’s Golaghat district.
It was suspected that the elephant died after falling into a sandpit which was mined illegally.