In a distressing incident, around seven houses were reduced to ashes after a massive fire broke at a neighbourhood in Assam’s Goalpara district.
The blaze broke out on Wednesday morning and the cause is suspected to be due to a short circuit in one of the houses. As the houses were mostly built with bamboo, the fire quickly spread to other dwellings in the area.
The incident was reported at Mamudpur in the Dalgoma area of the district.
Sources informed that at least seven houses in the vicinity were completely gutted to the ground, with property worth lakhs being destroyed in the unprecedented fire.
As the sky engulfed itself with black smoke, locals quickly sprung into the action were able to douse the fire before it could spread further.
Fortunately, no injury or casualty was reported in the incident.