Containment zones in Ward no. 8, 16, and 28 in Guwahati have now been withdrawn after a gradual decrease in COVID-19 positivity rate was witnessed during the last two weeks.
This was informed via an official order issued by the office of the Deputy Commissioner.
The order however stated that people of the said three wards will need to maintain COVID-19 protocols in a strict manner in order to not spread the virus further.
Earlier on May 5, the said three wards were declared containment zones after more than 400 COVID cases were detected in each of the wards.
Kamrup Metro District Administration had set a benchmark 0f 400 active Covid cases to declare a ward as containment zone.
Under Gauhati Municipal Corporation, there are 31 wards, and ward number 28 had registered 743 active Covid case, ward 16 had recorded 509 cases, and 415 cases were detected in ward 08.